Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Josh Platzer Society for Teen Suicide Prevention and Awareness (JPS).
To contact us for more information, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page, or CLICK HERE
We are only able to have the impact we do thanks to our amazing volunteers and supporters!
There are several ways you can help make an impact:
1) Volunteer Speakers
- We are constantly recruiting new speakers to speak at local high schools and community events as part of The Josh Platzer Society’s commitment to impacting our local community
- Please contact us if you are interested in becoming one of our speakers – CLICK HERE or see below!
2) BMO Vancouver Marathon
- The Josh Platzer Society has been an official BMO Vancouver Marathon Run4Hope charity since the Run4Hope program began in 2012
- We are seeking:
- Marathon, Half Marathon, 8KM, 8KM Teen Challenge
- We are currently accepting runners for the 2015 BMO Vancouver Marathon
- Teenage runners are welcomed to participate for awareness raising and community involvement
- We ask that adult runners use their participation to fundraise for The Josh Platzer Society. We ask that runners target at least a $200 fundraising goal. If you are unable to reach that goal, we still welcome your participation. We remind runners that they receive a large discount on their marathon registration fee – in return runners for charities/non-profits are expected to support their chosen charity/non-profit by fundraising. Every dollar that you raise goes straight to preventing teen suicide and raising awareness, so every contribution is appreciated. We ask that ADULT runners do not sign-up if they intend to NOT fund raise, as registration for this popular event can fill up fast!
3) Additional support and opportunities
- If you would like to get more involved with The Josh Platzer Society, we encourage you to reach out to us. In addition to our board members, we have many supporters who assist with different aspects of our non-profit. Please contact us if you would like to help out in any way!